Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Little Something Called Love

The world around me went silent. Our surroundings softly faded into a blurry haze, and I only saw him. Just him. It was enough to stop time for a second and my heart, just before it expanded and overflowed ten times over. My heart was warm and beating fast, my stomach encasing a whirlwind of blissful butterflies, and my eyes locked with his, intertwining our souls. Why did it feel like the sun had directly shone down on us at that time? It was so warm and I could no longer concentrate on anything else but this moment. There was a definite glow being emulated and I never felt so connected before. I automatically started envisioning all of these hopeful moments for the future, and just like a slideshow these sweet moments started playing through my head. I was lost yet found, I was one yet two, I was scared yet brave. And so I gave in, and and we fell deep into it...together. This feeling, this intense feeling, I didn't realize it was there until it was actually there...at that moment, and it took me by surprise. Looking into into his honest eyes, fingers laced together, and that smile....oh that smile, I thought to myself  "why me?"............"how have the stars aligned to bring me to this moment right here, right now, in front of this man?". Questions that don't need answers but rather questions that needn't be asked. And so I smiled. I smiled because I was happy, I smiled because he was happy, and I smiled because I felt lucky. That man had just told me he loved me, and to me, that is one of the sweetest moments in life one will experience.

In the spirit of Valentine's Day soon approaching, I've included two of my favorite love poems.
Share the love and leave one of your favorite love poems if you like. I love love!

Love,

Amanda, XOXO






 How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count The Ways

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints - I love thee with the breadth,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! - and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

~Elizabeth Barrett Browning



Love's Philosophy

The fountains mingle with the river,
And the rivers with the ocean;
The winds of heaven mix forever,
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single;
All things by a law divine
In one another's being mingle:-
Why not I with thine?

See! the mountains kiss high heaven,
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister flower would be forgiven
If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea:-
What are all these kissings worth,
If thou kiss not me?

~Percy Bysshe Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment