Sunday, October 27, 2013

Happy Hallogiving!

I have a bad case of writers block today. I do. It happens. I mean, I keep a little list of random topics to blog about stored in my precious BlackBerry (yes I still have a BlackBerry and yes I love it) But I find that even with those topics, if you're having a case of writer's block it doesn't even matter because you can't focus, you're at a loss for descriptive words, and basically just whatever you end up writing or typing out , you're gonna hate anyways. So I figure I'll just write today as it is, and for what it is ; a bad day to write. Yes I shall chalk it up to just that.
In my defense though, I think it's mostly just because today there's a bit going on. Today our family is actually celebrating Thanksgiving. Not for any other reason other than we postponed it because my youngest bro Robert just came back from working eight hours away, for twenty-four straight days, and he only gets five days off. Soooo needless to say my time is pretty much occupied by his brotherly presence ; cracking jokes, catching up, going for pho-y goodness, and drinking some rum........and him farting around me. Gross. Yeah that's brothers for ya! Anyhow, so aside from having our Thanksgiving dinner tonight, it is also Calgary's first snowfall of the season, and man is it an ugly one! Ten freakin centimeters of the heavy wet crap! I didn't even get to swap out my summer car mats yet to my winter ones, yeesh! So needless to say, this cold snowy weather kind of puts a bit of a damper on the day, in the sense where you just want to go into hibernation mode and stay there! Well what better way to combat that than with a houseful of Rampersauds eating, drinking, and laughing over an awesome and delicious turkey dinner cooked by my mama? (I know everyone always talks about how their Moms make 'the best' turkey, but seriously, I have never tried any turkey dinner that's even comparable to my mamas! Hers are just so darn good!). As a matter of fact....here's a funny fact about Robert....when he was having his fourth birthday party my Mom asked him what he wanted to have to eat for his party. He said "turkey stuffing!!!" Ha ha ha!!! Not pizza. Not hot dogs. Just turkey stuffing. Silly kid. Anyhow it should be a pretty good night with everyone, plus our awesome and hilarious Newfie neighbor Charlie is joining us, and with him around us, when we're all together, ya just never know how wild the party can get! That's the thing, it's not a party at all, but when you mix Guyanese with Newfies, plus a bottle of rum and food....it equals good times. Charlie even ate a live earthworm this past summer while we were all having some drinks and barbecue! It was absolutely disgusting, but incredibly entertaining! So all in all it will be a great Sunday night. I already made my pumpkin pies, so those are ready and good to go and Mom made an apple pie using the apples from our tree.
Then after dinner Robert and I have The Walking Dead to look forward to. Never cared much for Sundays as they're always the last day of the weekend, and the day before the start of the work week. Blah. But now that The Walking Dead is back on, it's something to really look forward to because man that show is just so damn good! In addition to our Oct 27th Thanksgiving, the bitter cold and heavy wet snow,  I'm also sleepy from my late Saturday night and am all snug in my comfy sweats. Sleepy but no hangover thank God ( now that Im old balls thirty, I have learned over my years of drinking experience when to stop thus avoiding all hangovers) My girl Natalie and I went out last night to a
Halloween party. We were a pretty little duo dressed as the glamorous movie stars Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe. It was awesome, and we rocked it. Although I know Miss Natalie probably disagrees as she was wearing an itchy Marilyn wig that she absolutely despised. I feel bad because had I know the wig would have made her feel that 'un-sexy' or uncomfortable I would have said lets just choose something else. Nonetheless she was a trooper that night and everyone loved our costumes. It was a fun night filled with soca music, and lots of cool costumes.....it was the very first time we ever went out for Halloween together (I hope she doesnt hate me too much in choosing the Marilyn and Audrey idea and totally boycott me in future years for Halloween) Ha ha ha!!
Anyways, it was a pretty great weekend, soon to be followed by a pretty great Sunday evening with the famz and some Walking Dead. Doesn't get much better than that I think! Well I think my time is up here, and I have to break away from this computer to go hang with everyone and get some awesome dinner. 
Happy Hallogiving! (my Halloween/Thanksgiving hybrid)




No comments:

Post a Comment