Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Sweetest Thing

The sweetest thing I've ever known is not the kiss on the collar bone...but close. Can you recall a time when you saw an elderly couple holding hands? Usually the man is walking on the outside part of the sidewalk as to keep his sweetheart safer on the inside. Sometimes he may even be holding a bag or her jacket for her. Their stride is slow and in sync,and they walk close together. Even if you don't necessarily see them smiling with their lips, you see them smiling with their eyes. So beautiful and incredibly sweet isn't it? I mean, what goes through my head first and foremost whenever I see this is "Wow! What kind of incredible,consuming, long-lasting love must these two people have?'. Can you imagine all the stories, all the life experiences, all the ups and downs they must have gone through together? Then to be here, right here and now, at this point in life still holding onto that love the way that they are? Going for walks, and holding each others hands, not because it's a status thing, not because they are trying to prove a point to themselves or anyone around them, and not because 'it's just what people do'. That couple is doing it because they LOVE each other! I mean truly LOVE each other! LOVE! Yeah, remember that word? Lol.... Myself? Oh yes, I am definitely a hand-holder. In fact, that's one of my most favorite little things about being in a relationship. I love tradition. I love affection. I love romance. Perhaps that is why my heart melts oh-so much whenever I see an elderly couple holding hands like that - because I imagine the past they shared, I see their present right now, and well....at that age, and that kind of love, they're unbreakable. So please dear world, let's bring back the hand holding in full force so that our children and grandchildren will look at us like this one day, wishing they had what we have <3............oh yes, and one more thing guys, let's bring back the Gomez Addams kiss-on-the-hand-bit because..well....it's simply charming and wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment