Sunday, April 13, 2014

Motors Get My Motor Running

Today I have a lot of things of my mind. Many things I could write about for pages on end. But I don't know if I'm in the right frame of mind to be voicing my opinions and thoughts just yet. Lately there have been a quite a few things on my mind, quite a few things leaving me puzzled, and quite a few upsetting things. But I think instead of writing about those things, I will write about something totally different in the vain hope that it takes over all the other shitty little things in my mind, and that it all just transcends into this beautiful and uplifting realm of happiness. How many times did I just say "things" ? Geez Amanda......
Anyhow, soooooo I'm super excited to be doing something that I have wanted to do for a very long time! To learn how to ride a motorcycle! So cool, right? I'm signing up for lessons this week FINALLY and I couldn't be more thrilled! ( how's that for writing about something totally different?) I have wanted to ride a motorcycle since the first time I saw my brother Raymond on his moped way back in the 90s! Seriously, that's where it all started! Then when I got my very first taste of driving (a car) I liked it, a lot. And being in our family, I swear it's in our blood, the whole car loving thing. Perhaps if I didn't grow up with three brothers and my Dad I wouldn't have been into cars or anything boyish but that's not the case at all. Fast forward years ahead and I'm on my third car and absolutely live to drive (and speed) . No I don't drive like an idiot, I promise, but I would be lying if I said I didn't like going fast or being one with the road.
Now driving my cars is something I've always enjoyed. In fact I enjoy all aspects - I enjoy learning about how to fix certain things, I enjoy even just learning about the general mechanics of a car, and I really enjoy the time spent washing, waxing, polishing my car top to bottom, inside and out ( my neighbours must think I'm crazy when I'm out there every second day in the summer shining up my ride) And what's even more hilarious about our family (aside from my Mom) is that we all have our OWN car cleaning stash/crate, and if ANYONE is seen rummaging through one another's car cleaning supplies, we pretty much freak out and ask them what the hell do they think we're doing? It's actually making me laugh out loud as I type this. We're so nuts. Oh and Sundays? I've deemed Sundays as ' Car Day' ....well in the warm weather seasons of course. Doesn't meant I spend alllllll day maintaining/cleaning my car, but a good chunk of time is spent doing that, not gonna lie. However, now I blog every Sunday, and I run every single Sunday so a little shifting around of the schedule will be necessary but never ignored.
Anyways the point of this post isn't even supposed to be about cars, but if felt the need to give you a little background on just how car crazy I can get, for a female, ha ha ha! So I'm sure you can see how this ties into the desire to learn to ride a motorcycle. Simply put, it's fast, sexy, has a motor, and would be a perfect addition to my little world of wheels. Also to note, my youngest brother Robert is on board too and wants his bike license! So we are going to take it together.
I couldn't even tell you exactly what it is about the whole bike thing and need to drive it but if I had to guess I think it's the fact that it's totally wide open, the road and I, two wheels, and just a totally different feeling than being inside a car.
Some people say it's a great idea to ride a motorcycle, some people say the opposite. Yes there is risk in riding, but there is risk in everything. One thing I've come to the realization of is that being too scared to do something is only going to limit you, and if we spend our lives being too scared to do anything then we just might miss out on so many great things! So instead of taking the easy way out and being too scared, I'm gonna look it straight in the face, get on that bike and damn well learn how to ride it! Then after that point I'm pretty sure I'll know exactly if motorcycle riding is for me me or not. I just have this vision....the open road, all black crotch rocket style bike, leathers head to toe and my long hair blowing in the wind under my helmet, road trips down the coast of California.... ahhhh yes.
Really though, I'm just so excited, so thrilled. I know I'll have to be really careful but that's part of the excitement of it all, isn't it? The thrill of the ride? That badass, fast feel? I cannot wait.
Stay tuned for updates on that one in the month to come.....also know as May, my birthday month (eek! Turning 31!)

No comments:

Post a Comment